Treatment For Diarrhea
Diarrhea is something that affects most of us at one stage of life or other. Apart from being a really painful and bothersome ailment, it can also result in dehydration which can be really dangerous. Here is a simple and quick guide for Treatment For Diarrhea.
Here are a few steps that will help you deal with diarrhea and the resultant dehydration.
Steps to take for dehydration:
- Grownups should be given lot of clear liquids like water, juices, broth and vitamin drinks. Avoid dairy, apple juice, alcohol and caffeine
- For children ensure that you provide sips of fortified liquids with suitable additives frequently
- Ensure that person consumes more liquids than they lose.
In any case talk to a doctor about what is suitable and also consult one in case things get worse.
- Plenty of rest: Ensure that the person suffering gets lots of rest
- Start food cautiously: Feed kids foods that are easy to digest and with adults too easy on the diet to ensure that the stomach has time to recover.
When to consult a health professional:
- If you feel that your child is dehydrated
- If the child is of 3 months or below and is suffering from vomiting and/or diarrhea
- If you feel that normal medication is not working to help relieve the person of diarrhea
- If you feel that the person is suffering from diarrhea due to impure water
- If the diarrhea is caused by consumption of an antibiotic
- If there is mucus or blood in the stools
- Persistent stomachache that is not alleviated by passing motions
- If the person has fever
- The loss of liquid is too much and seems to be off balance in spite of intake.
You need to consult a healthcare professional, in case:
- The diarrhea that you or you kid has is along with other problems
- If the condition worsens
- If the child does not recover even after a day