Recommended Exercise for Asthma Patient
What factors should I keep track of, to control the Asthma during the process of exercise?
- You can start your exercise regimen by using pre- exercise inhalers before starting your workout
- Ensure that you are sufficiently warmed up before beginning and allow time for cooling down after the exercise
- In case of cold weather, ensure that you are protected from the elements with a scarf or mask on the mouth and nose
- If you are prone to allergic asthma, you could avoid working out outside when the pollen count is known to be high or when air pollution levels are high
- If you have a cold or some form viral infection, do restrain the amount of exercise you undertake
- Find the level of fitness activities that work for you and start with that.
We all know that having the right lifestyle is vital to stay fit physically and mentally. This means that you should not let asthma prevent you from following a health fitness regimen. With proper management and assistance from a qualified healthcare professional you should lead a normal life and undertake a good fitness program without having asthma related problems. Do consult the doctor in case you have any doubts or queries.
What should my course of action be if I get an asthma attack during the course of exercise?
Once you experience symptoms of asthma, you need to stop the exercise and use the inhaler (something that offers fast relief like albuterol). If the problem vanishes then you may cautiously start the exercise again. If the symptoms recur then you need to repeat the medication and visit the doctor.