10 Quick And Healthy Breakfast Ideas!
Breakfast has been proven to be one of the most important meals of the day. You eat a good breakfast and the rest of the day will work out well; the body will be nourished, your brain will be happy with the signals that it is getting and you will feel ready to face the day. But the catch comes when most people find themselves too hassled to get the right meal going at the start of the day. But do not despair, here are some quick and easy options that are really healthy and nutritious too.
- The classic cheese and fruit combo: This one is easy and it is delicious and to top it all you can put it together ahead of time and it is good for you. Just pick up an apple, some Cheddar (about 2 ounces) and add some walnuts for crunch, taste, proteins and fiber.
- Waffle with peanut butter: A bran or whole grain waffle can be made to be even healthier by adding a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter instead of the usual syrup. You can add to this healthy combo even more by adding some raisins or nuts. This will up the protein and fiber content making it healthier.
- A cake style doughnut along with low fat chocolate milk: Yes! We are talking about doughnuts here. A plain one done cake style has way lesser calories than a corn muffin. You can add some fiber to this by eating some fruits or some nuts like almonds. Add to the healthiness of the meal by drinking low fat chocolate milk instead of coffee.
- Milk shake with strawberries in it: Just add some instant strawberry powder (the sugarless type) or add vanilla along with soy or low fat milk. Shake these in a shaker. If you have the fruits on hand, add some bananas or strawberry slices to this. Add the protein element in the form of protein powder.
- Breakfast Pizza: Instead of quaffing down on leftover pizza, take some nice whole wheat bread and slather on ricotta (low fat) and tomatoes on top along with some seasonings. You may add some olive oil and broil the whole thing to have a lovely morning meal that is rich in nutrients and filling.