Plants are our friends. We get our food, shelter, and just everything from plants. Plants also provide us medicines and many plants are used as food to harness them as a medicine. These medicinal plants are listed below with their benefits and uses. You can also plant them in your garden. There are number of plants that can be used as medicine. Here, you will find the list 10 plants that can be used as medicine in our day to day life.
Best 10 Plants That Can Be Used As Medicine
Lemon is the plant that helps you to get away from nervous tension. It makes you feel sleepy and speed up the curing of cold sores. Lemon balm is also capable to fight with tumor cells and one of the best known anti-viral.
This plant contains rosmarinic acid and caffeic acid. These acids act as anti-inflammatory agents and anti-oxidants. Some of the health benefits of Rosemary are:
- It is a good source of Vitamin E
- It acts as an anti-oxidant
- It can reduce the carcinogens in cooked meat
- It can be added to soil to make it fertile, but sold need to be little alkaline
This medicinal plant has hundreds of uses and is of utmost importance for humans. It can be easily cropped in a small pitcher. Some of the important uses of Aloe Vera are:
- If you have a minor burn, then you can use bottom stalk of this plant as a balm. Just rub the balm to the burnt area and see the magic in few days.
- It can also treat minor cuts and wounds.
- The Aloe Vera juice can effectively treat the digestive problems.
- It can also be used to remove pimples and get a clearer skin
- This plant best grows under the sun.
This plant boosts up the immune system of humans and effectively treats the cold and flu. It is used as a cure for malaria. It can also be used in urinary tract infection, pain killer, acid indigestion and much more.
This is one of the most versatile herbs. It can be used as salad, juice, stir fry, desserts, and smoothies too. It is amazing to treat indigestion and is also used as mouth freshener. The mint plant grows like fire. It should be kept in separate pot away from other herbs.
It is also called as Lappa burdock or edible burdock. It is used as a root vegetable. Traditionally, this medicinal plant was used as blood purifying agent, a diaphoretic and a diuretic agent. This medicinal plant has a good aesthetic value. It has purple green flowers, which are thorny and looks awesome in any garden. One of the greatest ability of this plant is that it can even grow without shade. It can treat burns, boils, acne, bites, ringworms, bruises, and rashes.
It is a type of sea weed. It can be used to treat ulcers and cough. It is an anti-viral and can also treat mumps and influenza B to some extent.
Lavender is a medicinal plant with some fragrance. It makes you calm and relaxed. It can also be applied to the bruises and cuts. It acts like an antiseptic to the wounds.
This is one of the best herbs to help you out in healing from cancer. Some of the prominent uses of this medicinal plant are:
- It can remove the excess of fluid from your body
- It cats as an tonic to kidneys and urinary tract
- It is rich in Vitamin C
- The leaves of this plant can be put in salads. They add lemony taste to the salad.
- Leaves of this plant can be added to soups and sauces
This plant can grow well in drained and moist soil that must be little acidic. It prefers partial shade and partial sunlight. The plant will not grow in extreme hot weather conditions.
Ginger is another useful medicinal plant that can treat motion sickness. It can also treat cough and cold easily when put in tea.
So, start harvesting these plants in your garden and stay healthy.