- Helps in losing weight: As weird as this claim sounds it is true even keeping in mind the sodium and fat it has. This is due to the protein and fiber it provides the body making you feel fuller for a longer time thereby preventing the occurrence of eating junk food in between meals. This in turn helps in maintaining weight or even weight loss.
- It has many nutrients: It has potassium, good fats, fiber also antioxidants. The list of good things about peanut butter goes on with nutrients like Vitamin E, Vitamin B6 and also Zinc
Hints on buying good peanut butter: The thing about getting the right peanut butter is knowing that not all of them are the same and you need to buy with care. Simply checking on the percentage of fat is not going to work as most of the brands have similar levels. Here is what you need to look for:
- Go for all natural type of peanut butter as the likelihood of other ingredients just to enhance taste are unlikely in this type.
- Check the extent of added sugar. You will find that most brands add up to 250 mg per tablespoon of serving when you compare them with the natural types.
- Check for the level of sodium. Normally the natural type of peanut butter will have less salt.
- It is better to go for the natural peanut butter but if you don’t get them near where you live or find it too expensive then you can go for one of the normal brands, as long as you limit your consumption to 2 tablespoons.
- To get the benefits of peanut butter and enhance them, have it will some flaxseeds.