10 Must to know Black Cohosh Side Effects
As you know nature abounds in its bounty providing us treatments, cures and things that provide relief with regard to many of our ailments but you should also know about Black Cohosh Side Effects. The thing about nature’s bounty however, is to know how much to have and how to have it. Or else this could have side effects that are harmful. Take for instance, Black Cohosh or Black snake root. It has a definite place in the world of female related problems.
Black Cohosh Side Effects
Black cohosh is known to be very effective in the treatment of female hormonal imbalances, the bane of every female’s existence – the premenstrual syndrome and menstrual cramps. Patients have been ingesting this herb for a long time and no visible side effects have been noticed. But since black cohosh is herbal and is not regulated by drug authorities, we leave you with some cautions with regard to the side effects the over use of this herb may cause.
- Causing a condition which is called autoimmune hepatitis: This is a condition in which the auto immune system of the body is switched off by the Black cohosh. This causes attack on the liver which in turn results in inflammation. Patients who get this condition may have pain in the joints, pain in the stomach area and difficulty in walking and standing. The disease is not something that should be taken lightly as it could result in death
- Gastrointestinal discomfort, nausea and vomiting: Though very beneficial in treating those pesky female problems the general wisdom dictates that one should also be aware of the side effects. If the person taking black cohosh is experiencing a general feeling discomfort along with vomiting it is time to stop taking it.
- Headaches: Sometimes the consumption of black cohosh can result in headaches that are persistent. In case you are experiencing such symptoms you should consult a doctor immediately.
- Bradycardia (slow heart beat): Another thing that black cohosh is credited with affecting the condition of Bradycardia which essentially means the slowing of the heart beat to below 60 beats a minute.
- Vertigo: Sometimes the consumption of black cohosh without proper regulation could result in vertigo like symptoms which means a feeling of imbalance and dizziness. In such cases, stop the consumption of black cohosh and consult a healthcare professional.