Plants, though very useful to us, may act as life threats to human. There are many poisonous plants that may even kill you. Most poisonous plants are found in deep forests or sea due to the soothing environment of the forest and sea. There are some deadly plants existing in nature and are killing animals and human beings due to poison present in them. Here is the list of top 10 most poisonous plants that could kill you or have some adverse effect on you.
Top 10 Most Poisonous Plants That Could Kill You
Giant Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes Attenboroughii)
This plant was discovered 5000 feet above sea level in Philippines on Mount Victoria. This plant secretes nectar like substance to lure the prey into the enzyme and acid pool.
- The series of sticky downward ribs make it nearly impossible to for the prey to escape
- This plant is 30 centimeters in diameter
- It is a carnivore plant
- It has more than 600 species and found in nitrogen deficient environment
Lily of the Valley
This plant is entirely poisonous. Consuming any part of this plant will cause vomiting, mouth pain, nausea, cramps, diarrhea, or abdominal pain.
This is well known as Quaker Button or Poison nut and is a medium sized tree. This plant is generally found in India or South East Asia.
- The orange fruit of this tree is highly toxic filled with Brucine and Strychnine
- 30 mg of these toxics can fatal the adult and can cause painful death
Nerium Oleander (Aka Oleander)
This is one of the most dangerous shrubs. All parts of this plant contain toxic chemicals called cardiac glycosides that may cause cardiac arrest. So, do not chew any part of this plant even by mistake.
Castor Bean Plant (Ricinus Communis)
This plant could be purchased from any garden center. This plant contains deadly poison ricin. The ricin is stored in the seeds of plant.
- Ricin obtained from the plant can be used in weapons
- It can easily kill human beings
Abrus precatorius (Rosary Pea, Crab’s Eye, aka Jequirity)
This plant is generally found in Indonesia and the vibrant red, white, and black beads of this plant are used in percussion instrument. The seeds contain toxin- Abrin and very poisonous. It is very fatal to humans as it inactive the ribosome in human body.
This plant is also called as Tall Boneset or White Sanicle and is a deadly poisonous plant, generally found in the region of North America. This plant contains toxin named tremetol that can kill the humans indirectly.
- Plant is eaten by cattle and toxin gets absorbed by their body. When humans eat the beef of those cattle or drink milk from those cattle, they might suffer from milk sickness.
- In 19th century, many Europeans died due to it
Every single bit of this plant is toxic. Even the smoke from burning Oleander is poisonous. This plant grows in Mediterranean climate. It may cause change in heart beat, slower palpitations, stomach pumping, or vomiting.
Western Water Hemlock (Cicuta Douglasii)
This is violently toxic plant growing in North America. It contains the toxin- cicutoxin that can cause havocs in central nervous system.
- Consuming the poison, human can lose consciousness
- It cause violent muscle contractions
- It can paralyze the respiratory system leading to death
This is a magical plant that generally grows to 3 feet height. This plant is also dangerous for humans.
- Eating any part of this plant will cause nausea, cramps, vomiting, pain in abdomen, and even diarrhea.
- Though, this plant may be used by doctors to bring the heart rate to normal
- It is popularly known as rabbit flowers, fairy bells, and throatwort