Home Remedy for Toothache: Cause, Cures and Myths
Here are some Home Remedy for Toothache:
- Application of clove oil: You can get this at a pharmacy. But do ensure not to overdo it as it could lead to poisoning. Also ensure that you apply the oil to the teeth and not the gums. This only provides relief not a cure for toothache
- Cooling the swollen area: Use a cold compress on the area swollen on the outside to relieve the swelling
- Numb the ache: Use a ice cube to relieve the pain. But if it feels uncomfortable then do not do it
- Elevate the head: Putting your head will reduce pressure on the aching area and provide you with some relief.
- Use a rinse: Though this does not strictly speaking rinse out the pain, it will clean out anything that is stuck in between the teeth. Sometimes this could be causing the pain and by rinsing you will be able to get rid of the cause of pain.
- Flossing the teeth: Again not a cure but could help remove particles in between the teeth and help in relieving the pain if that is the cause of pain
- Stay away from things that hurt: This means nothing extremely cold or hot or too sweet
- Press it with gum /gauze: Sometimes exposure to cold air may make the tooth too sensitive and plugging it with dental wax or chewing gum (sugarless) can help to relieve the pain
You may also like...