10 Best Foods High in Vitamin C
- Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and broccoli: Broccoli has 89mg of vitamin C in a 100gms portion. Cauliflower in raw form has 46 gms per one cup of serving and Brussels sprouts when raw have 75 mg per cup that is consumed
- Kiwi Fruits (Chinese Gooseberries): Kiwi fruits are not only great to look at but are packed with the best nutrients. They will pep up your dessert and will add 93 mg of Vitamin C per 100 gms served
- Papayas: Apart from being a source of vitamin C, papaya is also known for being rich in vitamin A and folate. You can get 62mg vitamin C for every 100 grams that you eat
- Oranges and Clementines: The fruits from the citrus family are known for their light and fragrant taste. Most people use the zest and the juice for cooking and consumption. All these are quite rich in Vitamin C. Oranges have 59 mg of Vitamin C for every 100 gms and tangerines (clementines) have 49 mg per serving portion of 100 gms
- Strawberries: Redolent with great taste, flavor, fragrance, beauty and taste, strawberries are quite a treat. These can be added to smoothies or desserts and will make your taste buds open up in delight. You can get as much as 59 mg per serving portion of 100 Gms.
Most of these choices for getting your vitamin C quota are not only healthy but also tasty.