Emergency Treatment For Snake Bites – process: When faced with a snake bite, the best thing to do is go to a doctor or hospital that is well equipped to deal with this type of thing. But this may not always be possible due to distance or lack of proper facilities. So here are some things that you should do in the meanwhile:
- Wash and clean the wound with mild soap and water
- Try and immobilize the area where the snake has bitten
- Keep the bite are slightly elevated which will lessen the flow of blood to this area
- Put a cool compress or a wet cloth on the area that is bitten.
- Tie a tight and firm bandage about 2-4 inches above the bite. This will keep the venom from spreading and also keep the bleeding down to a minimum.
- Keep tabs on the blood pressure, breathing and pulse.
These are some steps that you can take while faced with a situation where the person you are with has been bitten by a snake. The first thing that you should remember is to stay calm and also try and calm the other person down. Many a times, the sheer amount of panic that a person bitten by the snake and the agitation of the people around them can make things worse. Taking a measured and orderly approach will help you make things easier for the person suffering from the snake bite. So always remember to stay calm and keep others also calm.