Effective Ways to Improve Your Eye Sight
Eyes are an important, in fact essential element that helps us lead a normal life. Therefore it becomes absolutely imperative that we take good care of them to ensure good vision and keep the eyes healthy. To that end here are some tips that will help enhance your vision and also to ensure that your eyes stay healthy longer.
1. The right food for good sight: Nourishment and nutrition is key good eyesight. Your eyes need many nutrients to work well.
- Take supplements and foods that have Vitamins A,C,E and also minerals like Zinc and copper which help improve eyesight
- You need to have an intake of antioxidants that include lutein, zeaxanthin and Beta – carotene to protect your macula from damage from the sun. You can get these from foods like egg yolks, dark green leafy vegetables, yellow peppers, sweet potatoes, carrots and pumpkins. You will see a definite color spectrum her which has green and yellow vegetables. These reduce the chances for macular generation due to advanced age, which is one of the main reasons for blindness.
- Foods that have rich sources of cysteine, lecithin and sulfur also aid in protecting the lens in the eye from forming cataracts. You should consume onions, garlic, shallots and capers to get these nutrients
- Also eat fruits like grapes, goji berries and blueberries which are a rich source of anthocyanin. These foods contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that will enhance you sight.
- You need to also consume foods that have DHA, which is a fatty acid. You will find this in coldwater fishes like sardines, cod, wild salmon and Mackerel. DHA offers structural support to membranes of the cell that enhances the health of the eye
- Also drink plenty of water to ensure that there is dehydration. Ensure that you consume at least 8 ounce glasses of clean water to keep the eyes lubricated
2. Workout for you eyes: Some basic exercises will aid you in maintaining optimum vision and will also help keep away those eye floaters that can really be annoying. Try and do these exercises in the morning as soon as you get up and at bedtime. You can also do these when you feel that your eyes are tired. Also ensure that your hands are absolutely clean and that your mood is also calm. Make it a point to commit some time on a daily basis to these exercises and you will see some good results in over 4 weeks.
- Warm up your eye: Create heat in your palms by rubbing them together. Place the warmed hands on top of your eyes for about 5 seconds. Do this thrice.
- Rolling of eyes: Begin by looking upwards and then circle slowly in the clockwise direction for ten times and in the anti clockwise direction for ten times
- Concentrate: Hold a pen or some similar object at the length of your arm. Focus the eyes on the object and then bring it closer to about 6 inches in distance from your nose. Then move it back in a slow fashion with the focus still on the object. Repeat this ten times
- Massaging the temple: Using the knuckle of your thumb slowly rub or massage the temple area in tiny rounds. You can do this 20 times in one direction and then 20 times in the opposite direction. Then replicate the same set of actions for middle point of the forehead. Then do it below the eye area on both sides of the nose bridge
- Take a tiny snooze: This means putting your head back, closing your eyes and relaxing for a period of 3 minutes.
3. Keep away from outside toxins: There are some outside aspects that affect the eye. These include things like environmental allergens, computer screens, fluorescent lights, air conditioning, heating, chlorine in swimming pools, constant rubbing of the eyes and reading in low lights. Also keep away from cigarette smoke and wear sunglasses while out in the sun to cut down on UV exposure
4. Rest for the eye: You need to ensure that you get enough and good quality sleep to help your eyes. The time you spend sleeping will help the eyes get rest, recover and repair. Lack of sleep will make your vision weaker so aim for a good 8 hours sleep on a nightly basis. Take a break once an hour from the computer to give the eye some rest. If your eyes feel really fatigued, lie back with cucumber slices on the eyelids for a soothing and cooling feel.
As eyes are important for a good life, we hope you follow good care and hygiene routines to ensure good eyes and good vision. Do visit the doctor in case you feel you need professional guidance.