Causes of Headache and what to do about them
Headache is a very common health disorder among humans. It is one of the most irritating disorders of a human body. Actually you can’t keep your activities going in a right way when you are suffering from headache. There are many common causes of headache nowadays. According to a medical study, it reports that 150 million adults lost their workdays and around 3 lacks lost their schooldays every year in the US. There are varieties of approaches related to diagnose and make a treatment on headache. It is very difficult to mention all the approaches in a single post but here we will give you all a brief detailification about the causes of headache and how to understand them. Even after understanding how to deal with it. So read out about the common causes of headache.
Causes of Headache
We all can suffer from headache due to many causes. Here we will state some of the most common causes. But before doing that keep in mind that if you are suffering from severe and abnormal headache then you should obviously go for a medical treatment because sometimes rarely serious diseases cause headache in humans.
1. Sinusitis: It’s a very common disease among humans caused by catching cold. Actually the mucous membrane that lines the respiratory tract of the skull gets inflammated. As a result some may suffer from headache and respiratory problems.
2. Glaucoma: It is eye related problem. If you suffer from severe headache with nausea and vomiting then it may be a case of Glaucoma. And yes one of the main symptoms of Glaucoma is blurry vision. You should contact with an ophthalmologist or a physician immediately.
3. Dehydration: Dehydration is one of the most common causes of headache in humans. Nowadays, due to very busy schedule, over consumption of diuretics and less consumption of water human body gets dehydrated. And that leads to pain and stretching of various body parts.
4. Side effects of various medications: In some cases it has been seen that some high dose medication and use of regular contraceptives may lead to headache.
5. Stress: This comes at the first position among all the causes. Actually people suffer from lot of tension and that leads to severe headaches in some cases. But this type of cause mainly prevails among the adults. Women are mostly prone to this cause than men.
6. Head Injuries: Sometimes severe head injuries may cause headache. But this type of injury doesn’t last more than a day. If it lasts so then you should go to a medical practitioner immediately.
7. High Fever: Headache may also occur due to the increase of body temperature which can be caused by various types of illness and disease.
Types of Headache:
Headache is prone to almost all humans but we should know about the type of headache you are suffering from. Suppose headache can be caused by over consumption of alcohol, migraine, staying in a smoky place, tensions etc. these all are primary disorders but sometimes headache may be a symptom of any other serious illness. Like the diseases related to eyes, ears, head, nose etc. in such case it is a secondary symptom.
First of all we will discuss on the headache caused by primary disorders.
Headache caused by Migraine:
Causes: Headache caused by migraine is very irritating. Actually this type of headache lasts from 4 to 72 hours and is usually felt in a single side of head. People may suffer from moderate to severe pain with nausea and vomiting. At this time the patient becomes highly sensitive to light and sound. It is caused due to many reasons such as weather change, high sound, bright light and fatigue.
Prevention: There is no such proper treatment of migraine invented till now. At that time the only thing you can do is to consume a pain killer to get a relief. Also try to get away from any noise and sleep in a dark room quietly. Also you can take a cup of hot coffee. Afterwards you can consult with your doctor.
Headache Caused by Tension:
Tension type headache is mostly common headache and attack women more than men. The pain may be very moderate but not so severe. It can be felt on both the sides of the head. It lasts for 30 minutes to 5 days.
Prevention: First of all you may get some relief on massaging the scalp. Acupressure and acupuncture treatment works a lot in this case. If it becomes very severe then you can hardly have a pain killer but remember not more than one.
Headaches as secondary symptoms:
Headache, back pain and chest pain are the most common secondary symptoms in a human body. These all can be caused due to various other diseases. Some of the diseases are mentioned below but if it happens you should go to a medical practitioner immediately. As there is nothing you can do for it.
1. High Fever.
3. High Dosage medication and Radiation Therapy.
4. Stiff Neck.
5. Gastric Problems.